Ford New Zealand has just announced the available range and pricing for the all-new 2012 Ford Ranger ute.
Using a more powerful diesel engine the new Ranger features fresh brawny styling and a broad range of equipment. It will be available in 2WD and 4WD forms with three cab variants – Single Cab, Super Cab and Double Cab. There are three trim levels on offer, the entry spec XL, mid-range XLT and top-dog Wildtrack model. The Ranger is available in a wide range of configurations and pricing varies from $34,690 for the base model manual 2WD model all the way to $66,290 for the Wildtrack 4WD double cab with 6-speed automatic transmission.
“Designed from the ground up, the highly anticipated all-new Ranger, available in both two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive, has been comprehensively developed to meet the needs of New Zealand ute and light truck customers,” said Neale Hill, Managing Director of Ford New Zealand. “The creation and design of the all new Ranger involved an Australian-based, four-year development programme, involving almost 500 engineers from around the Ford world.
New Zealand, along with Australia, will be the first of 180 international markets to release the all-new Ford Ranger when the first models go on sale this month.
For full details and pricing of the new 2012 Ford Ranger check out the official press release below:
2012 Ford Ranger – New Zealand model range
New Zealand customers will be able to select from three cab styles, body styles and drive configurations. These are detailed below.
Three cab styles will be available:
- Double cab (four doors): offering car-like comfort and a cabin large enough to seat up to five people
- Super cab (two conventional doors; two rear panel doors): a spacious interior optimised by two conventional doors partnered with the convenience of two opening rear panel doors and no B-pillar, giving easy access behind the front seats
- Single cab (two doors) – available from dealers through special order only from early 2012
Two body styles will be available:
- Well side
An all-new 3.2 litre Duratorq TDCi five-cylinder turbo-diesel engine, with a maximum torque of 470 Nm and power rated at 147 kW, will power the all-new Ranger model line-up in New Zealand (a 2.2 litre Duratorq TDCi engine will be available from special order only, and only in the single cab 2WD XL cab-chassis model from early 2012).
For the first time, turbo-diesel Ranger models will be available with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission to provide reduced engine rpm and extend driving range on long highway trips or in city traffic.
The all-new Ranger will be available in 2WD and 4WD drive configurations in the Hi-Rider variant (low-rider variant only available from special order, and only in the single cab 2WD XL cab-chassis model from early 2012).
Convenient electronic shift “on-the-fly” (ESOF) is fitted to all 4WD models and allows the driver to move between high-range two-wheel drive, high-range four-wheel drive and low-range four-wheel drive using only a centre console-mounted switch.
For maximum traction in off-road conditions, an electronic locking rear differential is fitted to all Wildtrak, XLT and XL 4WD models as standard equipment. This easy-to-use feature is activated by a simple dashboard-mounted button.
All models in the all-new Ranger line-up come fitted with a raft of active and passive safety features, including:
Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Roll-over Mitigation (ROM); Hill Launch Assist (HLA); traction control; load adaptive control; and trailer sway control
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Emergency brake lights (that flash during an emergency braking manoeuvre)
- The Wildtrak model also includes a rear-view camera with display in the interior rear-view mirror
Driver and front passenger airbags will be standard equipment on all models. Front seat side airbags and curtain airbags will be standard equipment on all models.
Driver and passenger Beltminder will be standard on all models.
XL Key features include:
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Bluetooth®1 with voice control
- MP3 and iPod2 connectivity
- 4.2-inch multi-function dashboard-mounted colour screen
- Cruise control with steering wheel-mounted buttons
- Power front windows and exterior rear-vision mirrors
- Remote keyless entry
- Air conditioning
XLT Features over the XL include:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Locking rear differential
- Rain-sensing windscreen wipers
- Dual-zone climate control
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Rear parking sensors
- Tray bedliner with integrated 12V socket (double cab only)
- Cooled centre console
- Tubular side steps
- Grade control logic (auto only)
- Leather steering wheel and gear shift
Wildtrak – available from March 2012 Features over the XLT include:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Satellite navigation with 5-inch multi-function dashboard-mounted colour display
- Rear-view camera with display in interior rear-view mirror
- Combined leather and fabric upholstery
- Eight-way power front seats, heated
- Unique sports bar and roof rails
New Zealand Line Up – Pricing
2WD model range
|Single||Cab-chassis||XL||2.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$34,690 (special order only)|
|Super||Wellside||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$40,290|
|Super||Wellside||XLT||3.2 diesel||6-sp automatic||$46,990|
|Double||Wellside||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$42,690|
|Double||Wellside||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp automatic||$44,690|
|Double||Wellside||XLT||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$46,190|
|Double||Wellside||XLT||3.2 diesel||6-sp automatic||$48,190|
4WD model range
|Single||Cab-chassis||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$47,090 (special order only)|
|Super||Cab-chassis||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$50,790|
|Super||Wellside||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$52,790|
|Super||Wellside||XLT||3.2 diesel||6-sp automatic||$57,090|
|Double||Chassis||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$52,990|
|Double||Wellside||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$54,090|
|Double||Wellside||XL||3.2 diesel||6-sp automatic||$56,090|
|Double||Wellside||XLT||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$58,690|
|Double||Wellside||XLT||3.2 diesel||6-sp automatic||$60,690|
|Double||Wellside||Wildtrak||3.2 diesel||6-sp manual||$64,290|
|Double||Wellside||Wildtrak||3.2 diesel||6-sp automatic||$66,290|
+Cab-chassis models do not include a rear tray. Customers are advised to check with an authorised Ford dealer for tray pricing closer to the all-new Ranger’s release date.